Crawlspace Repair & Encapsulation
Get a Free Estimate
Moisture in your crawlspace can be a serious health hazard to your family. You don’t need to live with mold and mildew buildup in damp crawlspaces. Quality Waterproofing has the expertise to resolve this situation.
Crawlspaces, Mold, Mildew, and Musty Odors
Water seepage can create a damp, musty smell that can seep into your home and trigger health issues such as asthma and allergies. If you eliminate the watery conditions that promote mold growth, you will eliminate the musty odor. Keeping humidity down reduces the chance for mold to grow. If you dehumidify your basement or crawl space, you will reduce or eliminate damp, unhealthy conditions.
Quality Waterproofing has been in business for years waterproofing homes and businesses. Groundwater and high humidity can cause mold, mildew, and rotting of your home. Quality Waterproofing will install a crawl space encapsulation system to block soil gasses, lower the humidity and prevent odors from entering your home.
Ten Symptoms of a Crawl Space Moisture Problem
• Discoloration or moisture damage in the crawl space
• Musty odors in the living area
• Condensation on air conditioning ductwork or equipment
• Condensation on insulation, water pipes
• Buckled hardwood floors
• High humidity in the living area
• Insect infestations
• Rot in wooden framing
• Soil erosion
• Gassy odors
Eight Reasons to Encapsulation Your Crawl Space
• Eliminates discoloration, must smells, and moisture within the crawl space.
• Greatly improves indoor air quality within the crawl space and throughout the entire home.
• Reduces the number one source for entry of radon gas into the home.
• Protects against allergens throughout the entire home.
• Seals out bugs, spiders, rodents, and termites from the crawl space.
• Insulates the crawl space and reduces energy costs.
• Creates a clean, dry, sanitary crawl space, making it an ideal storage area.
• Protects structure of home from dry rot and termites.
The Quality Waterproofing Warranty
Crawlspace Waterproofing and Repair includes a limited lifetime warranty that is transferable. Fees may apply.
Dehumidification and Drain Systems
You can create an comfortable, healthy living environment through the elimination of humidity and standing water.
We will install high-grade dehumidifiers in your crawlspace. This will extract moisture from the air, cut down on odors and help kill the mold and allergens growing below your home.
The number one home allergen is the fecal matter of dust mites. Dust mites don’t drink water, but absorb it through their skin. In order to live, dust mites need relative humidity over 50%. Dehumidifying your living space, reducing the relative humidity below 50%, will eliminate dust mites!
We will also install a sump pump and battery backup with a drain system. This will help battle the incursion of stagnant ground water and water seepage.
Vapor Barriers, Insulation, and Encapsulation
Vapor barrier, insulation, and encapsulation work together to seal the floor of the crawlspace and controls odors and allergies.
Of course, any cracks or other leak sources should be fixed as part of a strategy to eliminate sources of water damage and associated problems. We will go through an extensive checklist to ensure there are no other sources of water leakage.